[asterisk-biz] Re: Dry Copper Pair

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Fri May 11 15:34:25 MST 2007

Matt wrote:

> After I sent this I realized it might have been better to send to the
> biz list.  Sorry.
>
> On 5/11/07, *Matt* <mhoppes at gmail.com <mailto:mhoppes at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know of a way to get a dry copper pair (also known as an
> alarm line) from Verizon for less than $20/end?   I know we have been
> able to get them, but they come out to $40/month for a circuit.. and
> there's no dial-tone over it!!!!

You should mention where you need it. Verizon is in many states. Rates
and regulations vary. In some states a CLEC might be able to get it at a
lower rate and resell it. I hope you have better luck with line quality
than I have usually had. I had one that was only 800 feet to the CO and
I had to order 3 loops before I got a good one.