[asterisk-biz] Re: [asterisk-dev] TDMoE Multi-Span Frame - An extension to TDMoE

Joseph Benden joe at thrallingpenguin.com
Fri May 11 07:08:17 MST 2007

Vazir,

Not at the moment. It currently combines everything destine to the same
MAC address on to a single frame (which could overflow 1500 bytes.)  You
may have multiple MAC address destinations with multiple sub-addresses
in zaptel.conf: ie 4 MAC addresses with 7 spans each equaling 28 T1s.

It could be extended to split up the frame destine to the same MAC
address onto multiple Ethernet frames based on the sub-address, such that:

V = Configured Span Number
Actual Ethernet Frame # = (V >> 3)
Actual Sub-Address = (V mod 7)

This would then allow more than 7 T1 spans to the same MAC address, by
using multiple Ethernet frames.

Thanks,
-Joe
Thralling Penguin LLC