[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Digium Hardware Question

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Wed May 2 08:51:53 MST 2007

Michael Welter wrote:
> I've been installing Asterisk with Tyan motherboards for years and have
> yet to have a problem.  Specifically, I use the S2865 MB which provides
> an AMD 939 socket.  AMD provides a wide range of CPUs for the 939
> socket, including dual core.  The board has dual NIC and on-board RAID.
>
> For customers requiring a rack mount server, I use the Tyan GT20, a 1U
> barebones server with the same MB.  Add a CPU, RAM, and SATA drives to
> suit.  It has room for one PCI card, which is usually a digium T1 card.

One thing I love about the dell and hp servers are the remote lights out
/ drac cards that are available. Being able to remotely view the console
across a VPN and power-cycle the machine is such a great comfort.

Are there any cards for "vanilla" servers that perform a similar (remote
console / remote power) function ?

> I am in the business of building turn-key Asterisk servers as well as
> complete telephone systems.  Please call me if you would like a quote.
>
> Mike

Julian