[asterisk-biz] AgentCallBackLogin help, or alternative method

Matt Riddell (NZ) matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Mar 18 01:56:04 MST 2007

Ron McCarthy wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> I sent this to asterisk-users, no luck, so if anyone can help on this,
> please let me know, or have a solution for this, im willing to pay, I just
> need it to work!!!
>
> Im using (or trying to) use AgentCallBackLogin() to have * find roaming
> users, here is a diagram.
>
>                              Server A (Hq)
>    Server B(Branch Site)     Server C (Branch Site)
>
> All my que users are on Server A, I have Server B/C dial a extension to
> call
> AgentCallBackLogin() on Server A, the user logs in and * shows the user
> logged in at the branch site, all is well!
>
> You cann the Agent, it rings the phone on Server B/C, but then follows the
> next process for that extension on Server B/C, instead I need it to go back
> to Server A extension flow, (call the agent, if no answer send to AGENTS
> voicemail, not the phones voicemail).
>
> Is there anyway I can get * to "send" the call back to the main server and
> continue on with call flow if the agent doesnt pickup at one of the branch
> sites?
>
> Any help on this would be great, ive tried everything I can think of, all
> wish no such luck!! Also, if someone has done this successfully im willing
> to pay for help as well :)

Make sure you are not running Answer() on Server B before you do Dial().

Regardless, you should be able to continue on Asterisk A once the call
finishes.  Either through the h extension or through the g option to the
Dial command:

g - Proceed with dialplan execution at the current extension if the
destination channel hangs up.

- --
Cheers,

Matt Riddell