[asterisk-biz] ATA that Supports T.38

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Wed Mar 14 18:14:14 MST 2007

> Hi Guys,
> Anyone know of an ATA that supports T.38 ?

They're on the expensive side, but we're using Quintum's ASG200s out in
the field for our VSAT customers.  Setting the "FaxMaxRate" to 9600 in the
ASG200 and/or setting the fax machine to 9600 max gives us probably 98%
success rate.

Not bad over a 500ms+ VSAT link.

I also tested the HT-286s with the newest T.38 capable code in them and
they worked at about 95% success rate, even when the VSAT terminal was in
STDMA "shared channel burst mode" versus SCPC "continuous dedicated
carrier" transmit mode.