[asterisk-biz] T.38 & Portal Integration

Josh Wurzburger Josh.Wurzburger at crc.net
Tue Mar 13 15:47:03 MST 2007

Our fax service bureau uses T.38 for backup purposes only.  The
reliability has not been there for us, especially with faxes from Asia.
We found that we had too many attempts with T.38 for multipage faxes (an
attempt means more than one connection to complete a fax transmission).
When a fax is cut off in the middle, we do a second attempt from the
last successful page.

We are looking for help on suggestions for integrating our fax portal
for provisioning and reporting purposes with an Asterisk voice system.
Currently our portal supports U.S., Europe, and Asia inbound faxing and
worldwide outbound faxing.  The system needs to be heavy duty as it
supports 27 DS3's in multiple locations.  We would be grateful for any
suggestions of a well designed Asterisk portal, that could be modified
to support resellers wishing white label software for their own Asterisk
systems and we would provide the faxing, not the voice.  Our current
provisioning portal uses MySQL.  An older version of our existing
portal, which does not require a password, can be found at:
http://www.brightfax.com/brightfax_admin.htm (This requires Internet
Explorer).  Our Firefox version requires a password.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Jacob
888 888 5674
212 888 8328