[asterisk-biz] GSM cellular network (Global System Mobile)

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Mar 12 20:32:04 MST 2007

CF

Technically, sending is free.  But I assume he is sending it to
himself.  Sure sending SMS is free through an email gateway but
receiving it is not.  So there is no such thing as free.  Alistair gets
the score on the SMS issue.

Sending data in DTMF, altered CallerID, or possibly a dialup modem would
work.  Heck, voice recognition may work.  It all depends on the
definition and purpose of the "couple of packets" that the OP is trying
to send over GSM.

Thanks,
Steve