[asterisk-biz] GSM cellular network (Global System Mobile)

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Mar 12 19:35:21 MST 2007

Michael Welter wrote:
> Flying under the radar.

Try a 300 baud modem over your GSM set.  You could wire the modem
directly into your headset port.

Even packet radio can only handle something like 9600 baud.

A funny thing though, I setup my RAZR V3 as a dialup modem using the
data cable and some settings I found on the net.  I used it quite a bit
for a couple of months and was never billed a dime.  I don't have any
plan for data either.  Talk about flying under the radar!

Thanks,
Steve