[asterisk-biz] GSM MSC/HLR/SMSC etc

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Mon Mar 12 13:54:40 MST 2007

Hi Steve,

The idea sounds great, but again  you are trying to replace the good ol
MSC's from biggies, what according to you should be the cost of
replacing such an infrastructure ?

I have been trying to source people who can solve the SS7 interfacing
with Asterisk, but it seems that SS7 means big money and you wont get
SS7 easily unless you are working with Telcos. Although there are a few
broken alternatives for ss7 interconnects : chan_ss7, libss7, but due
to the vastness of SS7, it just takes a lot of time unless there is
someone who can handle the development cost of such a product and make
it open source :)

Do drop me an email off the list, and we can work out some alternative
towards the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,