AW: AW: [asterisk-biz] OEM IAX2 Softphone is available

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Sat Mar 10 08:11:26 MST 2007

I would say: the source is available, but its not open source.

 From http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php :

      6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor

The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in a
specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not restrict the program
from being used in a business, or from being used for genetic research.

      3. Derived Works

The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must allow
them to be distributed under the same terms as the license of the
original software.

    /*Rationale:* The mere ability to read source isn't enough to
    support independent peer review and rapid evolutionary selection.
    For rapid evolution to happen, people need to be able to experiment
    with and redistribute modifications.
    /

    /
    /