[asterisk-biz] Voismart VGSM-II card (evolution) at Cebit!

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Mar 8 13:18:06 MST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:03 -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
> What functionality does this provide that cannot be had using
> chan_cellphone and a supported Bluetooth enabled cell?

depends on what you need to achieve.
If you need a gsm line for an home pbx, is not useful at all.

If you want to go to businesses you cannot tell them
to take 8 cell phones and leave them 10mt near the pbx.
You need a gsm gateway for that, like a small unit
in rack configuration for example, put wherever
you want without the needs of a bluetooth adapter.

Also is useful for those that need to send SMS,
since we have full SMS support (even in exotic languages),
both sending and receiving.
In fact you can build an sms2email gw, if you want.

Also if you're someone that needs to terminate a lot
of mobile calls, you can build up a rack server with
8 cards (for example) in order to have 32 channels.
Then put your sims in a SIM server, in order
to deploy many gsm gw around the net and centrally
(maybe in your office) manage SIMs and their rotation
between gws.

I don't know how well bluetooth works.. but a pci
card is far better (1 card - 4 gsm channels)...
More stability, more quality, more possibility :)

Best regards,

Matteo.