[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:21:03 MST 2007

I am glad to hear that upgrading the zaptel to the newest version solves
most of the issue.. unfortunately it did not solve one at one of my customer
sites.   Network card and Digium card were sharing IRQs.

I do not claim to be an expert on hardware... I have someone else who works
with me who is my 'hardware guy'... but my understand is PCI-e can handle
alot more throughput on many more channels then PCI-x can.. thus allowing
fewer IRQ-misses.

For instance on a Dell 2950 the Digium card shares the IRQ with all other
network cards....
However, with a Sangoma card.. the Dell BioS throws the Sangoma card onto
another IRQ :)