[asterisk-biz] Recent REMOTE CRASH BUG

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:04:01 MST 2007

Goodness no :)   But my point is.. little things like... in version 1.2.6 or
7 maybe?  I don't remember exact version #.  Hitting * while on a call from
a queue would disconnect it, even if you were using agentcallbacklogin.
Version 1.0.9 had a memory leak where if it wasn't restarted every night it
would eventually just lock up.

To my knowledge, even with current versions of Asterisk, if you hit the
Manager interface too hard it will make it start to act funny.

At least in 1.2.6 and 7 if some of your SIP peers were down (that you
registered with).. and by down I mean their DNS entries didn't exist...(no
DNS resolution for them for whatever reason), when you started Asterisk it
would start but not give you sip or zap command options until it finished
timing out all of your SIP peers!!!!

My points is not that I would rather use Microsoft at all.  Asterisk is a
really great product and we have it in use at many locations, but I get kind
of annoyed that every version seems to have more bugs in it that keep it
from being usable.

My point with bringing Dan Bernstein into all this is that QMail has had NO
security holes found in it, and has had NO bug fixes since version 1.03 came
out.   Yes there is a 1.05, but that is to fix a GCC issue... not a QMail
issue.

Is there a reason Digium can't do a bit better QA on the source before
releasing it as 'stable'?