[asterisk-biz] FCC: Telcos Must Interconnect VoIP

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Sat Mar 3 06:38:42 MST 2007

	I hadn't heard of any details of their problems. All I know is from the
article, which doesn't say. But I expect they must have had *some*
problems, or the court would have refused to hear a case without
damages, even though TW would still have gained from the precedent.
Cablecos have now pulled it off: they have the access and carriage
rights of a "phone company", but not the tariff and other liabilities of
a "telecom service".

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 19:22 -0500, Dean Collins wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
> How were they not interconnecting in the past? What was happening when
> VoIP carriers tried to deliver calls to these numbers?
>

> Regards,
>
> Dean Collins
> Cognation Pty Ltd
> dean at cognation.net