[asterisk-biz] VOIP ITSP warning

Kim C. Callis kim.callis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:46:06 MST 2007

Matt, the following is not directed to you in anyway, so please don't take
the following personally.

As was stated previously, the initial message was inadvertently sent to
mailing list. Upon realizing, a did a follow message to apologize for the
posting which was not intended for the general public. That is the height of
what I can do, and hope that people look at the follow-up message and go
about their business, realizing based upon mistake posting. Instead, I get a
variety of response, which are not germane to the issue that I am going
through.

Thank Paul <ast2005 at 9ux.com> for sharing your adventures and what you did,
and yadda, yadda, yadda. And it might actually be worthwhile if A.) I really
gave a crap about your suggestions, and B.) I actually went to VoipJET and
attempted to purchase time from them. The reality is, that I have not paid
for any time for VoipJet in about 4 or 5 month, nor have I tried to renew
time. This may be based upon the fact that this is my third attempt at a
authorization that I have not made.  Secondly,  assuming that you maintain a
banking account of some type, there you would realize that the bank will
possibly accept the transaction, and I catch a NSF with the fee associated
with that. But this is something that I need to resolve, and no level of
suggestions or "warning" will change that fact.

For the rest of you people out there, I will again apologize the inadvertent
posting earlier.  This is not the forum to have debates, off-topic
commentary, or needless rhetoric. In the future, I will endeavor to make
sure of my destination for my mailing. With that said, I hope that this
topic is squashed, or if people need to reply, feel free to send it
directly...

K.

On 3/2/07, Matt <mhoppes at gmail.com> wrote:

> While I in know way support VoipJet.. infact I don't like them..... don't
> YOU have to initiate paypal payment?  I don't think there is anyway for
> VoipJet to TAKE money from your paypal account.  This means that YOU payed
> them TWICE.
>
> On 3/2/07, Kim C. Callis <kim.callis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Today, I was doing my morning banking and was surprised (actually
> > shocked) that there was not one but two transactions from VOIPJet for $250
> > each. Of course, although they are a ITSP is never surprised me that a lot
> > of the ITSP never seem to actually have a real phone number to reach them.
> > After waiting to see if I would get a return e-mail (and this point, no), I
> > opened up a ticket with PayPal for the unauthorized transaction. I knew that
> > the service was going bad, but I didn't expect this.
> >
> > Just a word of warning
> >
> > --
> > Kim C. Callis
> > kim.callis at gmail.com
> > "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
> > butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
> > accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
> > orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
> > manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die
> > gallantly.
> > Specialization is for insects!"
> > -- Robert A. Heinlein

Kim C. Callis