[asterisk-biz] LCR tricks

Kim C. Callis kim.callis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:27:10 MST 2007

I have looked at gazillion ITSP, and studied pricing for various markets
that I (my client) is interested in. Look most ITSPs, although they may have
a good price for a particular location, they will usually have a price that
is 3 or 4 times higher than another provider. I have been taking CDR dumps
of the various companies that provide the pricing in that format and pull it
down to Excel (might I add that really, really hate using any type of
spreadsheet!). I then allow for a search across all of the tables to find
the best price for a particular route and plug that in to asterisk.

Very, very time consuming at best, and more of than not, a complete PITA. If
that the only way to do this, or has someone came up with a simpler way to
figure LCR? I know that voicepulse created some agi module that compares
their particular rate against a generic rate, and route based upon the
lowest cost. Sounds nice in principle, but comparing against a single rate
base does not really help when caller wants to call to Timbuktu, and
voicepulse evaluation is against the locked rate of $0.02. I am wondering if
one can take the start that vp has provided and go that extra step to do
true routing based upon destination?

Of course, that still doesn't really help finding the routes and putting
them in a table that can be consulted on the fly. Or is there? Open to any
suggestions or recommendations

--
Kim C. Callis
kim.callis at gmail.com
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects!"
-- Robert A. Heinlein