[asterisk-biz] Carrier needed for 1 million minutes per month commitment

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jun 21 17:32:33 CDT 2007

On 6/21/07, Luki <lugosoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> > with that level of a commit you may do well to go direct to the
> > carriers with infrastructure, while I am not commenting on quality, as
> > I am sure everyone has things to say on both sides, there are many
> > carriers that do SIP such as gblx, level3, xo, etc.
>
> Huh, I'm not so sure. 1 million MOU/month is only ~$8000 and last time
> I checked with Level3 they didn't even want to talk to me under a
> $25K/month commitment. Perhaps GlobalCrossing and XO have lower
> commits.

perhaps, although I didnt know level3 was that high since friends of
mine have gotten service with  that level of traffic.  They also may
have changed their policies since then.  In all likelyhood its 100-150
channels (assuming normal business style hours for the bulk of it) and
with a great many providers you can probably get acceptable service
with that.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200