[asterisk-biz] Reselling ITSP services?

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Jun 15 13:27:30 CDT 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Just curious how that works.  Is it typical to make a share in revenue
> generated from Voip accounts for your own customers?

I can't answer for other vendors, but in Enswitch the system owner sets
the prices for the reseller in the rate plan assigned to the reseller.
The reseller then sets prices for their customers in the rate plans the
reseller creates. They can set this as a percentage markup, or set
specific prices for specific destinations.

When the reseller's customers make calls, the system keeps track of how
much the customers owe the reseller, and how much the reseller owes the
system owner. It's then up to the reseller to collect payment from their
customers and pay the system owner.

Resellers of resellers work the same way, though of course too many
levels of reseller leads to diminishing profit margins.

It's also possible for the system owner to forbid resellers from setting
their own prices or billing. The system owner then collects payment from
the resellers and pays the reseller. This is less popular.

For examples, see:

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/guides/latest/en/commerce/billing/

and

http://integrics.com/products/enswitch/