[asterisk-biz] NAT & RTP Solution

Dovid Bender asterisk at dovid.net
Thu Jun 14 06:42:45 CDT 2007

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am looking to purchase equipment that will help me with this:
Current Set up:
Phone (Behind NAT) -> Internet -> SER -> Asterisk -> Provider
I know that asterisk has to be in the media path if a phone is behind NAT. I also know that there are other switches out there that do not have a problem with staying out of the RTP stream even if the phones are behind NAT. Does anyone know of a solution that I can put in front of SER so that the RTP stream does not need to through my servers ?

Thanks.

Dovid