[asterisk-biz] Re: Verizon Interconnection

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Jun 13 03:57:03 CDT 2007

Hello,

Quoting Nick Seraphin:

> But, wouldn't you agree that QUESTIONS would be fine, so long as someone
> who doesn't know what they're talking about post "authoritative"
> statements that make people think they do?

> I mean, the best way to learn is to ask questions.  But to make a
> statement of authority on a subject when you're not absolutely sure you
> know what you're talking about... well then that leaves you open to flames
> or comdemnation.

Totally agree with this point of view. Do you think we have to add
these points in the list joining guidelines document ? :p

> For example, what if he had posed his question as "I always thought there
> was never a valid reason to use public IP's behind a firewall, am I wrong
> here?" instead of an authoritative "There's never a valid reason to do
> it!"?

We also have to understand one more fact that not everyone is as
powerful at the language formation as we think they should be.

> I think it's a bad idea to discourage newbies and un-clueful people from
> asking questions on this list...  but I also think it doesn't help for
> people to make statements that appear as if they know what they're saying
> when they really don't.

Well the point that i fail to understand is that, no one came with all
the knowledge right from mom's womb. Dont forget that you were a newbie
once upon a time and you also would have asked questions similar to
these (mebbe not through some pseudo identity of yours, just in case
you might be paranoid about your image outside)

> Lurking is good... but shouldn't participation be encouraged, so long as
> they don't pretend to be the expert they aren't yet?

Linux Users Group worldwide is a clear example of what participation can mean.

In any case i think this thread needs to get into /dev/null, otherwise
no one should complain that they have less time and that they are busy
:).

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,