[asterisk-biz] Big VoIP switches

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Jul 25 15:28:23 CDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Alex Balashov wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Alex Pilosov wrote:
>
> > Now, if I can only find a decent sigtran/h248 solution, I'd be much
> > happier.
>
>    Someone, somewhere does make an H.248 signaling / call controller for
> the TNT, and there are some other options as well.  After all, somehow
> Level3 did it.  Widely.  Cheaply.  Replicably.  En masse.  Oh, and
> reliably.
Not cheap.

Metaswitch does it. Telica, I believe, does it. Both are >>100K$ in
minimal config. There are some solutions from smaller companies (names
escape me) that are somewhere between 50 and 100k in minimal config.

There are no free solutions or even toolkits that would make it possible
to hack up your own thing.