[asterisk-biz] Big VoIP switches

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 25 15:27:07 CDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Alex Pilosov wrote:

> The ghetto fabulous solution of course would be Lucent TNT/APX, controlled
> with ser. APX controlled by a proper h248/sigtran softswitch would
> probably have lowest price/ghettoness for certain cases.
>
> (each apx8000 can take 2800 ds0 ports with dsps etc, for 1000 DS1s you'd
> need 10 APX8000s)

   I am amused by and to some extent empathetic with your maxim, but I
would be curious if you could flesh out your precise reasons for the
belief that this is a "ghetto fabulous" approach.

   Do you know what Level3--which, by most accounts has a decidedly
non-ghetto luster--uses for their media gateway farms, at least on their
traditional pre-Sonus voice network?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems