[asterisk-biz] Voip phone with Wifi & GSM

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Jul 23 08:44:32 CDT 2007

	Just some more data points, and my conclusion, on our long overdue
review of Andy Spring:

	I translated the Chinese message (quoted/appended below) that Spring
replied to Sergey, using
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=zh|en :

	"老兄你可能搞错了,我之前发给你的是视频电话的资料,我是一个中间商,这没
必要向你隐瞒,但那也不是华为的产品啊,而我现在在推我们另一款带有WIFI功能
的网络话机,我不知道你在LIST里面说那些话是什么意思。"
	"Bud you might mistake, I sent to you before the video phone, I would
be a broker, It is not necessary to hide you, but this is not Huawei's
products ah, I am now pushing us to another with a Wi-Fi network
walkie-talkie function, I do not know in your LIST said those inside
what is the meaning of words."

	So Spring says he never claimed it was his own tech, and that it is not
Huawei tech, too. But, according to the discussion to which Sergey
linked, Spring did claim:

	"No, it is not Huawei's ViewPoint 8220, it is our company's product."

	And then Spring changes the subject back to the new WiFi/SIP phone.

	FWIW, I don't know why someone with the name "Sergey", speaking in
English on the list, with a domain voipsolutions.ru , would appear to be
Chinese.

	I replied to a message Spring sent me last week, Cc'ed to this list, in
which he refused to answer what is the phone's CPU, or what is the
dev/deployment env for 3rd party SW (after he agreed that it would run
3rd party SW):
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2007-July/022777.html .
Spring claimed it was because I'm not a customer. My reply includes
several other long-overdue criticisms explaining why I'll never send a
penny to Spring. Because he is a terrible businessperson, and probably a
crook. And asking if anyone had ever bought anything from him, and had
anything good to say. Even this "Jamal from Canada" Spring claims bought
some equipment from him in China hasn't materialized on the list to say
anything. He probably doesn't exist, except in lies from Spring.

	I don't need to see any more. Spring is a liar. He's a terrible
businessperson. He seems to represent exactly the kind of Chinese
electronics dealer that is the grain of truth in the stereotype that
they're crooks, with nothing but contempt for us, their English speaking
"market". I wish other, honest, Chinese businesspeople would police
these people. China isn't unique in its mixed reputation for corrupt
business, nor in the actually corrupt business that the reputation is
based on. But it is the largest, and probably the most reputable for
that corruption (maybe after Nigeria overall, but in electronics it's
#1). China is setting itself up to be the world's factory. But business
has to be more than an ad for cheap goods before I do business with it.

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 15:37 +0800, Andy Spring wrote:

> Sergey,
>
> I think maybe you are a Chinese person, I have some words to let you
> know also everyone in the list.
> 老兄你可能搞错了,我之前发给你的是视频电话的资料,我是一个中间商,这没
> 必要向你隐瞒,但那也不是华为的产品啊,而我现在在推我们另一款带有WIFI功
> 能的网络话机,我不知道你在LIST里面说那些话是什么意思。
>
> If you are not not Chinese, ok, I will let you know in english, I
> think you have made a mistake, the product I sent you before is
> videophone not Voip phone with wifi and gsm, now I am put sale our new
> item which is wireless Voip phone not videophone that I sent you
> before, I do not know what is your meaning you said in the list
>

> 2007/7/23, Sergey <b2b at ipstyle.org>:
>         Hello, Andy.
>
>         You wrote 21.07.2007, 17:39:23:
>
>         > I can post the details here, I thought before, if not
>         everyone
>         > isinterested in our Wifi & GSM phone, so no need to post
>         here,
>         > because some people will think I am posting spam and rubbish
>         here
>         > and will scold me. So I can only send the details to whom
>         with interest.
>         >
>         >  Sergey, are you sure, our Wifi and GSM voip phone is Huawei
>         > Viewpoint 8220? have you tested our sample?? NOT ! so please
>         do not
>         > say any unreason words.
>
>         Please read carefully. Some time ago i requested info from you
>         about
>         your SIP video phone, and you provided me PDF which contains
>         info
>         about Huawei Viewpoint 8220, although you claimed it is your
>         own
>         development.
>
>         Dear list, here are some proof:
>
>         Our small thread with Andy:
>         http://voipsolutions.ru/andy/andy.html
>         Andy's PDF: http://voipsolutions.ru/andy/andy.pdf
>
>         Huawei 8220:
>         http://www.futurewei.com/itemsdetail.asp?dt=products&ID=122
>
>         Andy, can you show us your site? or at least some photos of
>         your
>         products? no? why?
>
>         > This item of our new product is different
>         > Huawei Viewpoint 8220 also different Nokia, it's line is
>         with
>         > interenet and with a very low rate. Yes, maybe the machine
>         is a
>         > little higher but the rate is very cheap, it can only work
>         with
>         > internet, and it is worth it. Again, Sergey, if you have no
>         intend
>         > to buy any product here in this list, please kindly do not
>         ask
>         > anyone to waste their timeto send information to you.
>         >
>         >
>         > JR-DW1 One Page Specification
>         <snip>

> [...]