[asterisk-biz] Sprint via L3 problems: no DTMF

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Jul 20 15:57:32 CDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> We received this from Level 3 last week. If they've done it already,
> then they are early!
>
> " Dear Level 3 Customer,
> Level 3 will be upgrading gateway media servers and initial feasibility
> tests have shown that Asterisk software versions prior to 1.4 are not
> compatible with RFC specifications. The issue relates specifically to
> Asterisk's support for Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) named events
> (RFC 2833).

  Extremely helpful guys, THANK YOU Anthony Cennami and Douglas Garstang for
  posting this.

  I do find it strange that Sprint specifically isn't working, but the fact
  that L3 is telling everyone to move to 1.4 or systems will fail is
  EXTREMELY useful information, thank you!

  I will start testing on 1.4.8 immediately, and I'll report back my
  findings.

Beckman