[asterisk-biz] Sprint via L3 problems: no DTMF

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Jul 20 15:34:00 CDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Michael Heinrich wrote:

> Some cell phones will not transmit DTMF when it is called.  Try calling your
> Sprint phone and pressing DTMF to determine if you hear the tones.

  I did do some testing, as much as one person can do, before posting here.

  When routed out a different carrier, DTMF passes fine on 4 different
  handsets, 3 on Sprint, 1 on Virgin (uses Sprint network).  Calls made
  to 10 different numbers via L3 (non Sprint) pass DTMF fine.

  I've confirmed the handset works by calling other known DTMF applications
  (Bank of America for example), so DTMF is being passed through Sprint.

  I've also confirmed that NOT via L3, DTMF is passed when the call is
  terminated to those same handsets.