[asterisk-biz] IP Phone/Hard Phone

Eric Chamberlain eric at voxilla.com
Thu Jul 19 10:51:44 CDT 2007

It's there now. :-)

http://store.voxilla.com/voip-products/snom-370.html

--

Eric Chamberlain, CISSP

Chief Technical Officer

Voxilla - http://voxilla.com/

  _____

From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:49 AM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] IP Phone/Hard Phone

I noticed snom pricies on:

http://store.voxilla.com/voip-categories/high-end-ip-phones-150/

but they did not have the new snom 370, fyi

On 7/18/07, Seysan <AFShin9 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You need to post where you're located so we can help you with that.
<<

I'm in USA. so I think anywhere in USA and Canada would be helpfull.

Also Thank you folks for all these models and your real world
experiences that you share with us.
I look forward to hear more.

AFShin

On 7/18/07, Chris Bagnall <lists at minotaur.cc > wrote:

> Wow, Thank you.
> So till now I think the best candidates for a REAL WORLD Office PBX
> Deployment are:
> Snom
> Aastra
> Polycom

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Linksys SPA-942/962 phones. Many
of our clients like them for their small desk footprint, almost
Cisco-like handset weight and clear, backlit display. Unfortunately the
cheaper end of the Snom/Aastra/Polycom range don't have any backlighting
at all - it's only on the substantially more expensive models you seem
to get backlights.

Certainly here in the UK, a Linksys SPA-942 is quite a bit cheaper than
an Aastra 55i (first one with backlight).

We've also done quite a few deployments in the past with the Elmeg ip290
(basically an Snom 190 clone). These are good phones - sound quality is
almost on par with the Linksys, but they do lack that crucial backlight
and the buttons feel slightly "spongy" if you're used to the Cisco feel.

> Can you guys be more specific on the models and good cheap/reliable
> sources
> to buy these phones ?

You need to post where you're located so we can help you with that. In
the UK, you might want to try either VoipOn ( www.voipon.co.uk
<http://www.voipon.co.uk/> ) or MyPhoneCall (
<http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/>  www.myphonecall.co.uk) . Obviously if
you're anywhere else they aren't going to be much help - especially with
the weakness of the dollar at present.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it