[asterisk-biz] Sun Rocket?

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Jul 19 07:26:16 CDT 2007

It varies from situation to situation. Some might make deals to transfer
their customers to other providers. Some might wait until the absolute
last minute, trying to secure funding, and their lines might get cut off
on the cut-off date. Very FEW startup companies will warn customers that
a problem is imminent, as then customers flee and funding dries up
INSTANTLY.  If they have shareholders and are publicly traded, the share
price will drop, so the board isn't liable to allow information about a
serious problem to leak out through normal channels.

It seems counter to the concept of customer service, but unfortunately,
that's the startup world. And in the VoIP world, there's not really much
in the way of customer loyalty to any particular providers, so customers
are quite happy to jump at the first hint of danger... which makes it
doubly important NOT to tell customers of any impending doom if you're
still trying to secure the funding for a continuation of service, or
you'll suddenly have no customers, no funding, and a whole lot of debt.

N.