[asterisk-biz] Sun Rocket?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Jul 16 21:17:14 CDT 2007

According to that report, they just cut off their customers suddenly and
without warning. While SunRocket the corporation is (evidently) gone,
the people responsible for that kind of worst-case business operation
are still around. And presumably going for their next job.

I looked at their website, starting at "About
Us" ( http://SunRocket.com/about/mission ), which does not mention a
single principal, officer, investor or anyone else by name. But they do
have the nerve to continue to boast:

> Even more, it takes a commitment to simply do the right thing, a
> promise often unfulfilled by other phone companies. We are determined
> to be a champion for consumers, designing products that work as they
> should and defining policies that are fair and sensible.

Our community will do well to identify who is responsible for
SunRocket's unacceptable "style" of winding down their service, and
publicly reject them. Otherwise, their anonymous hatchetjob will just
reflect on our entire embryonic industry. When people ask us "how do I
know you won't do what SunRocket did?", we should be able to answer
simply, "because I'm not [SunRocket exec name here]".

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 19:29 -0400, Nicky Smith wrote:
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/SunRocket-Dead-85779

(C) Matthew Rubenstein