[asterisk-biz] Sun Rocket?

calvis calvis at itechgroup.com
Mon Jul 16 18:26:33 CDT 2007

This is what I have heard:

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/24/745624/

"Late last week a significant number of SunRocket employees were given the
boot, including the company's CTO, CIO, CFO and CPO. Now users in our forums

say they're getting e-mails from Linkshare saying they've placed the
SunRocket affiliate program on hold.

"Based on the company's current business situation, we are unable to
determine if and when payment will be received. Until we can determine the
status and capability of SunRocket to remit payment for orders referred by
you and tracked through our network, we will not continue to allow any
further transactions to occur. Again, this action by LinkShare is for the
protection of all partnerships and to prevent any further debt to affiliates
within our network."

Meanwhile the company tells the Washington Post they're just "lowering
expenses in order to execute our business plan." Whether that plan is to
fight or to sell the company and go drink mojitos isn't clear yet.

In May CEO Lisa Hook (recall her broadband comments while at AOL?) said the
company had a "pretty stable workforce" and denied rumors of looming cuts.
The company now insists things are ok and they're in the process of securing
a new round of funding by August."