[asterisk-biz] VAD Gateway

Dovid Bender asterisk at dovid.net
Mon Jul 16 13:33:29 CDT 2007

Hi,
Does anyone know of a gateway that I can use to solve my VAD and or G723 -> G729 issue ?

As of now asterisk does not support VAD (I emailed Digium sales, we emailed back and for a bit and now nothing). Our current set up is Client -> SER -> Asterisk. (Phones actually register with SER). For the clients that need VAD I am thinking of doing "Client that needs VAD"  -> Gateway -> Ser -> Asterisk. I would have the client actually register with the "Gateway" and not directly to SER because when Asterisk wants to send a call to the client I need the VAD. Also the client needs G723 support (which ATM you can only get buy purchasing the card which is not feasible for us since the card works on only one asterisk box).  So if there was a gateway that can also do G723 -> G729 or ULAW that would be a plus.

Thanks.

Dovid