[asterisk-biz] Asterisk TV is about to go live

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 03:55:07 CDT 2007

Here's a quick report about this:

During the entire hour, there were always around 25 people watching
the video stream. I've recorded it locally and will put the pertinent
stuff (questions and Mark's answers) up on http://asterisktv.com bit
by bit as soon as I have them edited. The audio conference also will
be edited to remove the blank spaces where we were knocking over mics,
etc.

The weekly Asterisk Users Conference is building momentum, largely
because there are a lot of *users* out there who see the benefits of
this even if every moment isn't perfect, the technology isn't perfect
and the human operator is far from perfect.  Thanks to those of you
who come back most weeks whether to speak or just listen. BIG thanks
to Mark and to Digium guys who try to help and keep a smile while
doing so. Guests from Nufone, Lumenvox, Trixter, Teliax and some
lesser-known names (Adhearsion is one) have taken things is some very
interesting directions.

There were about 40 people on the Talkshoe portion (SIP/PSTN callers
on the conf bridge + Talkshoe (Win/Mac app)  listeners + mp3 stream
listeners). Total library conference downloads were about 400 (unique
ip) for this week.

As for my humble contribution, as I was told the day I failed the
truck driving license (needed when my band went on tour), "someone has
unload the truck". Imagine how it would be looking at IRC (ok, I
wasn't always), video parameters, audio, the phone and the Talkshoe
conference bridge. I'll try my best to edit it into segments of
interest.

Trivia - we actually were talking on my company's 1.2.15 meetme so we
were using asterisk this time :)

Finally, I have zero control over the video stream, all I know is that
I've watched it with about 250 people for the iphone rollout. If
someone wants to take a look at where the stream comes from, I'd be
interested, but I can't improve it any more than I can improve
anyone's connecivity but my own. I look forward to the day when we'll
all have at least 100Mb/s synchronous available at all times!

/r