[asterisk-biz] New E911 Bill Will Try to become Law

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jan 31 15:46:40 MST 2007

On 1/31/07, Lacy Moore - Aspendora <aspendora at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's like gun control, it's illegal to kill someone (in most cases), but
> yet, Congress seems to want to continue passing gun control laws.

or pass laws that already exist, that is the *popular* thing when there is
an election or other need for attention.  Gray Davis did that by banning
guns that look like cellphones in california (he was the gov that got booted
out of office a few years ago).  Guns that dont look like guns were already
illegal, but he had to ban this 'new threat'.

Its been established that this really doesnt affect anyone given the current
FCC rules (which are implicit laws because congress delegated the power to
the FCC to create the 'rules' which are made into law by statute) already,
the only thing it would do is make it harder to change, the FCC for example
cant just change the rule and no longer require 911 service, it would
instead take and act of congress and as we are all aware they pass laws
easily, and almost never repeal them.

As such I will remain quiet on this thread now unless it fundamentally
changes its nature.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!