[asterisk-biz] Verizon wholesale contact

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Jan 26 14:27:01 MST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Matt wrote:

> We are talking about the ex-MCI I believe.  I have a question.  I
> recently talked with Verizon about this.. and there was no monthly fee,
> or Co-Lo required.. infact their stuff looked very tempting... however
> the VPN.. What the heck?!  Anyone here have any ideas how to set that up
> to work with Asterisk?  Basically, they want the signaling sent to one
> IP.. and then the calls are going to come from a different IP, if I
> understand it correctly.
I've just consulted a client for VPN turnup for this exact thing.  Its
somewhat of a pain in the neck, but solvable for anyone with a clue (me).

RTP traffic can go directly to their gateway unencrypted. Signaling
traffic needs to go through VPN, from your IP, encrypted. Nothing too
complicated.

-alex