[asterisk-biz] Grandstream GXP-2000, Asterisk 1.2.13 stability problems

James Hawks james.hawks at customerfunding.com
Fri Jan 26 09:11:26 MST 2007

We implemented a 100 person call center using asterisk and Grandstream
phones. We had countless problems with our implementation which included
dropped calls, static, and several phone problems. Most of our problems were
solved by switching to Polycom phones from Grandstream. I have seen lots of
people happy with Grandstream but it just did not work for us. After
changing phones our system ran smooth with very little issues. One thing to
try is a different phone. Also make sure you have no IRQ conflict issues but
with FC5 you shouldn't. It looks like you use no Zaptel hardware and are
straight VOIP. 768 kb bandwidth might not be enough for both data and voice
if you are using the same internet connection for both. The last thing to
consider is QoS and the latency of you DSL connection. There are websites
that will check your latency for VOIP applications. A good QoS
implementation can solve the sharing of data and voice problems.

James Hawks