[asterisk-biz] PBX Manager by thirdlane

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Jan 26 05:07:22 MST 2007

> > Another advantage of PBX Manager is that all common functions
> > including Follow Me, Call Screening etc are programmed only with
> > internal asterisk dialplan commands without any AGI functions - all
> > those external processes provides much higher load on system and
> > increase risk of system fault.
>
> I would disagree with that. In actual fact using large dial
> plans is much slower then using an AGI.

I do not want to get in the middle of the discussion of what is a better
product (I.E. Thirdlane or PBXware), but on the subject of large dialplans,
Steve Murphy from Digium (current AEL guru) has shown that large dialplans
do have some pretty dramatic speed penaltys. He has developed a testing
suite that demonstrates this in various ways, and has been working on making
some pretty dramatic changes to the way that priorities are handled.

I know that several of his speed up fixes are in 1.4 already, but that a
large number of the additional ones he wished to make will require some
drastic internal changes and possibly a change in some historical behaviors.
He gave an excellent presentation on this at Astricon in Dallas this year.

BTW.. Use AEL. It rocks! :)