[asterisk-biz] SIT Tone Detection

Brett List brettlist at nemeroff.com
Wed Jan 17 18:36:01 MST 2007

My SIP Provider (A large major carrier) passes me calls this way. And no,
they won't disable early media and provide an appropriate supervision code.

In fact, all carriers we've tested have transmitted the call this way. Even
my cell phone gives me the tri-tone without "connecting"

Yes, chan_sip would need to be modifed. That is the work I am requesting.

For what it's worth, I've attempted to modify chan_sip in the sip_rtp_read
func to include adding a dsp with ast_dsp_new, converting to SLINEAR with
ast_set_read_format and then passing it to ast_dsp_call_progress. But it
doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.. I've been performing my test on
G.711.

Thanks for your reply!
-Brett