[asterisk-biz] OT: Client Management

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 10 17:45:46 MST 2007

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

> That sounds like an application for a ticket system. I use RT for all
> applications where creating a ticket and tracking the correspondence
> is applicable, I just implemented for the maintenance department at a
> resort. RT is very powerful and customizable.
>
> http://rt.bestpractical.com/

I have installed and tested otrs, rt, sugarcrm, vtiger and a few
groupware suites that had some ticket and crm capabilities. I have also
worked with ms-crm that was already installed by someone else. None of
these packages is going to jump out at you and tell you what to do next.
People need to understand that any system has to be configured and then
you have to train the people who will use it. A primary goal of mine in
the config is to turn off features any user should never need. That
makes the training a lot better.

RT would be a top candidate to me because somebody who can do a little
perl can probably get whatever they need from the package.