[asterisk-biz] Verizon v Vonage

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Wed Feb 21 14:50:36 MST 2007

That's easy!

Dan Ravicher of Public Patent Foundation (pubpat.org) does that.

Here is his last email ( you can see the success stories on his web-site ):

PUBPAT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TESTIFIES BEFORE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
ON PATENT REFORM

NEW YORK -- February 15, 2007 --  Public Patent Foundation ("PUBPAT")
Executive Director, Dan Ravicher, will testify today to the U.S. House
of Representatives on the subject of patent reform.  Ravicher will begin
with an opening statement and then answer questions from Representatives
on the Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property,
including Chairman Howard Berman (D-CA) and Ranking Member Howard Coble
(R-NC), at the oversight hearing on "American Innovation at Risk: The
Case for Patent Reform" scheduled for 2:00 pm this afternoon.

"The interests of the non-patent holding public are almost always absent
from any meaningful participation in decision making about the patent
system, despite the fact that they bear the brunt of its burdens,"
Ravicher stated in written testimony submitted as part of his testimony
at the hearing. "As with any body of law that applies to and affects all
Americans, patent policy should be made with consideration of all of the
public's interests, not just the specific interests of patent holders,
patent practitioners, and large commercial actors."

Patent reform has been a topic of extensive discussion in Washington the
past few years, with both the House and Senate introducing bills and
holding hearings on the subject.  Many of the most frequently discussed
proposals aim to improve patent quality, such as by limiting the ability
of patent applicants to file unlimited numbers of continuation
applications and by creating a post-grant opposition procedure allowing
the public to more efficiently challenge the validity of issued patents.
 In his written testimony, Ravicher commented on these specific
proposals and also raised several other ways in which the patent system
should be reformed.

More information about PUBPAT's testimony to the House of
Representatives on patent reform, including a complete copy of Mr.
Ravicher's written statement, can be found at
http://www.pubpat.org/advocacypolicy.htm.  The hearing can be seen live
by webcast via the House of Representative's website at
http://judiciary.house.gov/schedule.aspx.

Contact:

Daniel Ravicher, Executive Director
Public Patent Foundation
(212) 796-0570
info at pubpat.org

About the Public Patent Foundation

The Public Patent Foundation ("PUBPAT") is a not-for-profit legal
services organization working to protect the public from the harms
caused by the patent system, particularly the harms caused by undeserved
patents and unsound patent policy.  PUBPAT provides the general public
and those specific persons or businesses otherwise deprived of access to
the system governing patents, with representation, advocacy, and
education.  To be kept informed of PUBPAT News, subscribe to the PUBPAT
News List by visiting http://www.pubpat.org.  To be removed from the
PUBPAT News List, send an email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line
to news-request at pubpat.org.