[asterisk-biz] View from a side competitor

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Wed Feb 21 07:41:51 MST 2007

Mike Lynchfield wrote:
> UPDATES is a way to FIX things on a earlier version and SHOULD BE FREE
> one who make you pay for updates is a SCAM/THIEF
I share this sentiment only to a very limited extent.  Nobody should be
expected to bear responsibility for an infinitely long liability tail.
A warranty will expire, and this is reasonable.  And there are always
gray areas that occupy the zone between features and bugs.

In spite of this, a self-respecting provider will go beyond the strict
terms of their obligations as a matter of course.  I have done so, not
just because of pride, but it's only common sense because it fosters
good relationships with customers who tend to be repeats.

But based on your comments, you are not the kind of customer I would
want to repeat.  It's a two-way street.
> INSTALL should be included in a "CUSTOM MADE" software you buy .. yes
> some companies will devel software and stil lcharge an install fee...
> another scam

You are loose with the word "scam."  If the terms are clear, it is not a
scam.