[asterisk-biz] View from a side competitor

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:26:57 MST 2007

out of the loop on this one.. but mainly i think upgrades and support is 2
things.
as well as modules and upgrades...

so basically
UPGRADES is a mean to add functionallity.. ( upgrade your car by putting a
new motor block..) THIS NEEDS CASH
UPDATES is a way to FIX things on a earlier version and SHOULD BE FREE one
who make you pay for updates is a SCAM/THIEF
SUPPORT should be either included in price and SAID SO or simply an ADD ON
to a product...per month per year etc etc..AGAIN CASH
INSTALL should be included in a "CUSTOM MADE" software you buy .. yes some
companies will devel software and stil lcharge an install fee... another
scam

what we see in this and other software industries is companies capitalizing
on updates..
you notice that winamp UPDATES every week.. this is to #1 SCAM ALL SOFT
SEO's into pushing the products back up a list.. (bumping) etc.. so now you
get software devels. changing revisions every week to get seen on the
market .. alot of these around.

Again another approach they have is simply MAJOR revisioning software for
the sole purpose of getting to your wallet..

EX V1.01 skin A , then major upgrade to V2.00 with nothing new then a fancy
skin...
Another scam... basically ask for the .diff in fieatures before falling for
this...

On 2/20/07, Derrick Moennick <derrick at phonesource.ca> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Like support? Continual upgrades to the software package, the ability to
> upgrade to the next package for the difference in price?
>
> Derrick

Mike
Sales Manager
http://www.voicemeup.com