[asterisk-biz] Big PBX

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Feb 8 13:48:48 MST 2007

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> On 2/8/07, *Alistair Cunningham* <acunningham at integrics.com
> <mailto:acunningham at integrics.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ignacio,
>
>     We have some Enswitch (which uses Asterisk and SER for telephony)
>     customers with up to 60000 users. To achieve this requires a substantial
>     cluster. A cluster of this size requires substantial planning, but
>     smaller clusters for hundreds or thousands of users are described at:
>

> you say 60,000 users, how many concurrent channels?  Is that the 200
> that you mentioned or is that 200 per box?

Trixter,

I can't give you concurrent call figures for these systems as we haven't
got permission from our customers to share this information, though you
can safely assume many more than 200 total concurrent calls.

The 200 concurrent calls in my previous email is per Asterisk machine
(with all but the smallest Enswitch systems having more than one
Asterisk machine), and is general advice to new customers. The exact
figure will of course depend on hardware, codecs, average call length, etc.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
sip:acunningham at integrics.com