[asterisk-biz] Asterisk - Reseller Options (Resend)

Patrck asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 5 04:43:05 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 08:12 +0000, Senad Jordanovic wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > Bicom's box seems to be a Stratus ftServer. It is basically one
> > server consisting of two servers that act as one. So if for example
> > the cpu or ram on box1 blows up, the system should automagically
> > switch over to using box2 which should be in the same state as box1
> > before it blew up and will continue like nothing happened. The 911
> > call would not get dropped, at least on the original Stratus high-end
> > telco boxes I used to sell. Senad did not answer my question so I
> > can't say if the Bicom box drops the call or not.
> >

> Our ftRACK is not Stratus box.. And yes.. It will not drop any calls if
> hardware fails.

Thanks for your answer. Upon closer inspection indeed it is not a
Stratus box but seems to be a NEC. Looking at the pics in the rpm below
I guess it's a NEC Express 5800/320Lc-R. Afaik NEC licenses their ft
technology from Stratus so perhaps I wasn't too far off :)

http://support.necam.com/servers/ft/320Lc/320lcdatasheet.pdf

Regards,
Patrick