[asterisk-biz] Asterisk - Reseller Options (Resend)

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Mon Feb 5 01:20:43 MST 2007

Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>> Alistair,
>>
>> It seems your solution does not support graceful fail-over from calls
>> *in progress*. Is that correct?
>
> Patrick,
>
> That is correct. Calls in progress may be dropped, but if callers
> immediately call back they will be routed through a surviving server.
> We have never had a paying or serious prospective customer who has
> considered this inadequate.

We have had some customers asking for full fault tolerance, hence why the
ftRACK is available.

For example:

Stock broker dealer on trading floor may loose millions should a call drop
during a deal close.

Insurance companies recording the claims calls are another type of the
industry.

Etc...

Of course many other factors may drop the call, but at least the server will
not be that factor. :-)

Regards,

Senad