[asterisk-biz] Not one to bitch and moan, but...

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sun Feb 4 07:44:35 MST 2007

It's a case of how big you want your slice of the pie to be. Some of us
are very happy in that we can buy software and hardware components as an
OEM and create unique branded products. That provides the biggest pie
slice. From there you can look for vendors that offer more and more
"turnkey business" features in the reseller plans. You go to far in that
direction and your own business starts looking like a clone copy of
their other resellers. Smallest piece of the pie is when you just take a
commission and let the vendor handle everything - even the installation.
That leaves you still hungry.

I think all the options are out there for you. Nothing to bitch and moan
about. It's just a matter of searching harder and spending a lot of time
analyzing the options available to you. Nothing new under the sun here.
For years, people with cash/credit bought franchises to bypass a lot of
the mental toil needed to plan a new business.