[asterisk-biz] Ribbit.com

Charles Woods charles at mexuar.com
Tue Dec 18 11:41:18 CST 2007

Steve:
Sorry my email was generic :)
As with most companies they don't release facts and figures of their
customers so unfortunately I can not comment.
Regarding high volume uses, yes the social, chat and PRS will always get
volume calls.

Generic:
Marketing companies are looking more closely and testing the effectiveness
of adding a C2T button in their email campaigns. Dean did a lot of work here
and we have companies in the UK using it. Where they don't have a headset
there is a call back facility which hooks up the landline to sales/service
agent or they can leave a message in .wav format delivered to the sales
agents email. It's also down to how you market this technology.

In the UK there are more home workers year on year. A Mexuar type solution
is ideal for low calls during the peak daytime rates. Setting up 'Corraleta
Connect' for this or an ecommerce business is simply copying and pasting the
snippet into the webpage.

As businesses evolve they will step up with Presence and this will be big
business. 2008 looks very interesting!

We also have companies that have calls initiated via Corraleta using mobile
devices. There are a couple of universities that I can't PR that use
Corraleta to make conference calls and distance learning. A company in
Finland run a family counselling service with Corraleta to hook up the
calls. There are calls initiated through the web that are routed to call
centres in Thailand and Germany. A Malaysian group have put together a
English language learning resource using voice recognition and Corraleta as
the call initiator/dialer.

Matt:
Yes that's right you just need SDK.
I think the forum posts are a little slow getting to the UK.
What Dean is trying to explain is that the licence is per server. So in
effect you can add as many calls per site/server as you like. So, whether
you can handle 100, 150, 250 concurrent calls the price remains the same.

Yes, the applet is cut, hard coded, to the IP of your Asterisk.

Patrick:
We did have an issue with security and Firefox - months ago. The updated
version I have works. Let me know what version you have. I can't give you
the nod on Fedora as I don't use it, but I will check.
Safari isn't an issue for the Mac guys/girls whether using single or dual
processors.

Thanks.

Regards,
Charles.