[asterisk-biz] international termination question(US based)

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Dec 12 16:19:35 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:12 -0500, emist wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been having a hard time understanding which FCC regulations apply
> to voip. Is US-based company wishing to provide international
> termination required to file a FCC214 and/or FCC499?

if you qualify as an interconnected voip provider yes, that is a defined
term which has 4 conditions, and the ominous use of the word 'generally'
before those 4 conditions (meaning it could be something totally
undefined).

Nowhere in those 4 conditions does it state only domestic sales.

If your contributions are under $10k/year I recall seeing something at
some point that you were exempt from paying but not filing.

They want the filings to track who is and who isnt a qualifying
provider.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200