[asterisk-biz] Digium Support Comparison with Sangoma

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Wed Dec 5 15:07:32 CST 2007

We generally use Sangoma unless the customer requests Digium for a particular reason.

The build quality of Sangoma and the engineering skills appear marginally better than Digium.

Failures (and the time cost in diagnosis, return and replacement) are expensive. We've had several card failures and attempted to return same, however our local Digium distro simply returns the cards to us with the claim that the card is working. We've even seen a component returned to us as "working" within a sealed anti-static bag, with the seal having never been broken - perhaps they can test a card without opening the bag!

Craig