[asterisk-biz] Faxing from Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Aug 30 13:43:52 CDT 2007

Dovid Bender wrote:
> Hi List,
> Does anyone know of an open source or paid solution where I can have say
> send mail receive an email with a jpg (say phone-number at mydomain.com
> <mailto:phone-number at mydomain.com>) and it will have asterisk send out
> the fax or if there is another solution out there that does not work
> with asterisk but that I can load on to a windows/Linux box where it
> will accept the email and send it out over SIP ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dovid

I did almost the same thing with Hylafax+Asterisk+T1 PRI.

A directory was monitored for outbound fax files by cron job.  The way
the file was named dictated the cover page and other aspects.

It worked really well.  Rather than tie up email cycles, we just used a
Samba share and copied the fax to the monitored directory that way.

Thanks,
Steve