[asterisk-biz] Toll free origination from payphones

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Aug 27 11:00:17 CDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Barton Fisher <bhfisher at icpage.com> wrote:
> If you are talking about dialing to a toll free on a payphone, then
> you'll also will have a problem because the commission paid is billed to
> the toll free owner as a surcharge.  Last checked it was 65 cents
> surcharge.  This might be why you are having problem finding a provider
> that will handle these calls as nobody wants to pay this surcharge.  I
> personally block payphones from calling any and all my toll frees
>
> So, I suppose if you didn't mind paying 90 cents for the first minute,
> you could find someone to handle this...  heck, maybe I would for 90
> cents for the first minute and 8 cents per minute afterwards :)

I think that they are talking about calls originated from payphones
and terminated to the pstn via sip.  If that is the case, the PSP
compensation that exists in the US is done largely off of ANI II (70),
which many people cant do.  There are a few providers that can,
utility telephone out of stockton california has in the past been able
to terminate this type of traffic.  I do not know if they still do, or
what their terms are.  I would suggest ringing Jason Mills at 209
940-1010 and talking to him if you wanted that.  He would know much
better than I do what the policies are at utility telephone since he
works there :)

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200