[asterisk-biz] Mobile Termination via GSM Gateways

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Tue Aug 7 14:21:41 CDT 2007

Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
>> Unlimited plans. Family plans with many shared minutes (base charge plus
>> $10/mo per extra phone or SIM).
>>

> I see a few really annoying things with this:
>
> 1) How do you know what calls are going to what mobile network for your
> routing?
>
> 2) Is it possible to set outgoing Caller*ID on a GSM card? If not, all
> calls will show up as the phone number for the SIM that you're dialing out
> on.

Maybe I do not understand your first question.  You would use pattern
matching in the dialplan and priority jumping for failover use.

As for #2, it is not possible to set the Caller*ID number but T-Mobile
(at least) can set the name.  Mine shows as my billing name, I suspect
if you were using a corporate account, the corp's name would show.  They
could probably change the name with a simple phone call.

The number issue is pretty much a non-issue.  How do you think people
have survived all of these years with POTS lines sending different numbers?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro